If you are interested in joining any of these committees, please contact us at 608-862-3206 for further information.
The purpose of the Church Finance Committee is to assume responsibility in conjunction with the Ad Council for the finances of the congregation. This shall include developing and monitoring a church budget, financial recording and reporting, disbursement, and auditing of records.
The Finance Committee is responsible for overseeing the financial well being of the congregation and to make recommendations to the Ad Council on all financial matters as deemed appropriate by the Committee or requested by the Council.
- Prepare an annual budget in coordination with the Treasurer, Committee Chairperson, other Committee members and others responsible for budget items for AD Council approval.
- Monitor revenues and operating expenses relative to the budget.
- Monitor amounts and current coverage of insurance policies.
- Monitor balances of funds help by the Conference.
- Monitor payments and balance of the church’s mortgage.
- Arrange for an annual audit.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for presentation to the congregation.
- Review and advise the Ad Council on major capital outlays.
- Improve and modify financial procedures and controls, as needed.
The purpose of the Treasurer is to disburse church funds as required for the operation of the church and its various missions.
The Treasurer is responsible for disbursing, recording and reporting how church funds are spent and otherwise allocated. Only the Treasurer and the Financial Secretary or their closely supervised designates shall physically handle church funds.
- Work according to the guidelines established by the Ad Council and the Finance Committee.
- Work closely with the Financial Secretary to maintain records of all funds received.
- Prepare the annual church budget.
- Record all monies disbursed versus the budget.
- Maintain compliance with applicable government tax guidelines.
- Maintain and report income, expenses and balances of the church’s accounts to the Ad Council, Finance Committee and the Charge Conference.
- Maintain a system of checks and balances with the Financial Secretary as set by the Finance Committee.
- The Financial Secretary is an active member of both the Ad Council and the Finance Committee
Staff Parish Relations
Seek to understand the congregation’s feelings and desires about the pastor’s leadership and appointment. They will communicate those perceptions to the pastor as needed.
- Work with the district superintendent and/or bishop in an advisory capacity in matters pertaining to clergy leadership
- Recommend staff positions needed and develop job descriptions for said positions
- Counsel with the pastor and staff about priorities for the use of gifts, skills and time.
- Make recommendations regarding compensation, travel and housing to the church council
- Carry out, through appropriate agencies, proper screening (including background checks) for lay employees and volunteer staff
- Provide and annual evaluation of the pastor and other staff in an ongoing effective ministry
- Identify the continuing education needs of the pastor and staff
- Provide a replacement during those times when the pastor is absent
The purpose of the Trustees Committee is to maintain the property of the church and parsonage.
- Receive and administer all gifts made to the congregation
- Make certain all trust funds of the congregation are invested properly
- Oversee, in consultation with the pastor, all use of the church building and grounds
- Acquire and maintain adequate insurance coverage on all church property
The purpose of the Church Education Committee is responsible for teaching Sunday School to students from Age 3 to Adults. The Education Committee is comprised of all the Sunday School teachers with the Chair overseeing the committee.
- Ordering the Sunday School materials
- Appointing teachers for each class
- Ordering & presenting bibles to 3rd graders
- Collect Sunday School offerings & place on the Church Secretary’s desk
- Signing children grade 2 through grade 5 for Acolyting
- Arranging music for the 2nd Sunday of each month from October through April & also for the Christmas Program
The purpose of the Missions Committee is organizing and distributing donations to a variety of mission organizations.
- Decide distribution of Melodies of Love Offerings
- Organize mission projects
- Distribute food collected from communion
- Assist church families and beyond with daily financial struggles
- Designate Sunday School offerings
Lay Leader & Member
The purpose of the Lay Leader is to function as the primary lay representative of our church.
The Lay Leader is responsible for understanding and communicating the state of the church and its opportunities for ministry both within church and in the community.
- Meet regularly with the Pastor to discuss the state of the church as well as ministry opportunities.
- Be an active member of the Ad Council.
- Assist in the annual member pledge drive.
Lay Member of the Charge Conference
The purpose of Lay Member of the Charge Conference is to represent our church in all activities of the Charge Conference.
The purpose of the Worship Committee is to schedule & help plan our worship services. They work with the Pastor to help coordinate what is needed for each week’s service.
- Set regular worship & Sunday School times
- Monitor Sanctuary & Alter Attire
- Give Feedback to Pastor regarding community & concern
- Arrange monthly communion stewards
- Arrange special music for the 4th Sunday of the month
- Responsible for setting dates & times of all special worship events
- Ash Wednesday
- Church in the Park
- All Saints Sunday
- Thanksgiving Eve
- Evening if Christmas Music
- Christmas Eve
The purpose of the Administrative Council is to serve as the executive agency of the charge conference. They initiate planning, establish goals and objectives, develop programs, and evaluate effectiveness of the ministry and mission of the congregation.
- Recommend to charge conference the compensation, housing needs and benefits for the pastor and staff after receiving recommendations from the staff parish committee
- Study the hopes, concerns, and needs of the people of your community (including the congregation) to determine how to serve them and how they may serve one another as Christian disciples
- Fill vacancies in positions between meetings of the charge conference upon the recommendation of the nominations committee
- Maintain your congregation’s connection with appropriate district and annual conference programs and structures
- Provide effective pastoral and lay leadership for the ministry of the congregation
- Accountable to the charge conference
- Help all leaders focus on their primary task
- Lead the congregation in strategic planning and developing a vision
- Organize an annual church council planning meeting
- Have an open working relationship with the pastor and lay leader
This committee shall be comprised of the minister, the Lay Leader, the Staff Parish Chairperson and the Administrative Council Chairperson. They shall meet in October to find volunteers to serve on all church committees and to select chairs for all committees except the Board of Trustees which selects their own chair. They shall also search for appointments to
Administrative Council Secretary, Financial Secretary, Lay Leader, Treasurer, and Youth Representative.
Committee Members 2018
|Finance Committee||Peace Church Cemetery Committee|
|*Chair – Sam Keller||*Chair – Jill Krupke|
|Members – Bill Trow||Members – Karen Tway &|
|Daryl Fernstaedt||Glenn Holtsapple|
|Includes – Financial Secretary,||Worship Committee|
|Treasurer, Lay-Leader,||*Chair – Terrie Blumer|
|Ad Council Chair, Lay Member||Members – Wesley Isenhart &|
|to Annual Conference & Pastor||Margaret Kauk, Cindy Pryce|
|Staff Parish Relations Committee||Fellowship Organizers|
|*Co-Chair Debbie Houlberg/Kris Schultz||*Chair – Leigh Whitehead|
|Members – Danae Bump, Barb Briggs,||Members – Phyllis Runaas,|
|Debbie Roth, Fair Elmer||Julie Parmer, Julie Blumer,|
|Includes – Lay leader, Lay member to||Penny Thompson, &|
|Annual Conference||Margaret Kauk|
|*Chair – Brian Flannery||Co-Chair – Holly Atkinson &|
|Members – Denny Parmer, Russ Whitehead,||Kathie Riemer|
|Glen Holtsapple, Dan Weber,|
|Nate Miller, Davis Pryce||Ad Council|
|*Chair – Jon Brunner|
|Committe on Lay Leadership (Nominations)||*Ad Council Secretary – Julie Wanless|
|*Chair – Pastor Tom Moe||*Finance Secretary – Eunice Clark|
|Ad Council Chair – Jon Brunner||*Lay Leader – Glenn Holtsapple|
Staff Parish Chair
|*Lay Member to AC – Kathy Meyer|
|Lay Leader – Glenn Holtsapple||Alternative Member –|
|*Treasurer – Fairy Elmer|
|Education Committee||All Committee Chairs|
|*Chair – Jennifer McIntosh||Pastor Tom Moe|
|Current Sunday School Teachers|
|Mission Committee||*Chair – Angie Parr|
|*Chair – Wesley Isenhart|
|Members – Karla Myhre,||Youth Ministries|
Bonnie Zee, Leanne Neild,
|*Chair – Jason Rupnow|
|Welcoming Committee||Kitchen Committee|
|*Chair – Brandi Grazioso||Chair – Brandi Grazioso|
|Members – Wendi Pryce,|
|Holly Atkinson, Lois Sherwin||* Members of Administrative Council|
|Rhonda Roenneburg||Pastor: member of all committees|
|Co-Chair – Penny Thompson & Julie Blumer|